Friday, February 13, 2009

it's been a while!

sorry, blog world, i know it's been wayyy to long. i have no excuse, i was on a sort of blog sabbatical because, well, honestly, i didn't really want to blog. but here is a new one. i don't know if it means i'll be back to blogging regularly or if another month and a half will go by without one, but... we'll take what we can get, right?

many things have happened/are happening in our lives! three job opportunities have popped up... finally! it is such a wonderful relief and affirmation that God really is in control. tom was always super at reminding me that whereve God wanted me, he'd put me there, when he wanted me to be there. and God has provided during my semi-unemployment. and i am incredibly blessed to have gotten to spend so much quality time with the family j... but the family j is about to gain another little one (YAY! about a month to go!) and sister will be staying home and they won't need me as much as nanny anymore. so it's perfect!! we are still praying for wisdom about which opportunity to take, but most likely i will accept and pursue the job at the pre-school on base. how exciting!!

also, tom and i are planning to leave on sunday for a two week trip-- set to include: a week in england with my bro and sis-in-law where we will do things like have tea in cambridge and visit castles and pubs and even venture to dublin; and about 5 days in our hometown where we will squeeze in time for our families, friends, errands, a trip to the coast with just the two of us, some rest and recuperation, the kitchen sink, etc... WE ARE SO EXCITED! we hope it all works out :)

we've done lots of fun things... you can check out our spelunking trip on the family j's blog. i'm a little proud about it. i rock climbed and stuff and didn't show my fear because i wanted my niece to continue to be the brave little soul she was being. it was awesome!

and... i think i have learned my most important vegas lesson yet.

vegas lesson #814:
whatever you do, DO NOT do what this unfortunate fellow did. now, this didn't happen to me, but i read about it, and you can too:

WHY YOU SHOULD NEVER BUMP YOUR CART INTO SOMEONE'S CAR AT A VEGAS WAL-MART

it is very sad. scary, and sad.

well, until next time... you can think of me singing that old roger miller song, england swings.

No comments: